Sunday, January 16, 2011

My first Quilt

I made my first quilt from start to finish yesterday with the help of some lovely friends. Dana Davies helped me to design the quilt and Elaine Robinson helped me to cut out all the fabric and guide me in my sewing. This quilt is small (2 feet by 3 feet). It started off as a doll quilt for my daughter but I think I am just going to use it as a lap quilt for myself. :) It's a little too big for a doll but too small for Charlotte. Anyways...I am very proud and thankful for the help that I had. Thanks also to miss Joni for the cutting mat that I was so generously gifted and thanks to Janice with her help on getting my binding ready as we ended up being in a rush at the end. I had a lot of fun and really appreciated all the help and teaching. :) This is just a preview for what is to come in the future. :) I may have a new hobby on my hands. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I love it!! Don't hang up your stampin' up stuff just yet, though...we still need to get together and create a card stash for the year!

    ReplyDelete